|September 15, 2013 - October 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||This is a full time position and pay rates will be commensurate with experience|
|Benefits:||Health insurance, 401K, dental, vision, vacation and holiday paid, sales incentives, and purchase discounts |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Our growing Service and Installation company is looking for a personable and outgoing person to operate our warehouse operations. Our technicians and customers deserve prompt attention and careful follow through. If you like to help people and have a positive, enthusiastic and fun approach to customer service, we want to talk to you. |
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.|
· Keep cellular phone/radio on and in your possession at all times during assigned work hours.
· Shipping – coordinate deliveries to and from job sites, customers, suppliers. Prepare material for shipping via UPS, FEDEX, or LTL carriers.
· Receiving – verify counts and prices on shipments; update pricing as items are placed in inventory
· Purchasing – Maintenance of computerized PO system; maintain proper minimum/maximum stock levels as set by the Warehouse Manager; match incoming supplier packers to invoices and submit to accounts payable on a daily basis; assist in product and material research for technicians – determine price and availability
· Restock – pulling materials for vehicle restock; placement of received items into warehouse inventory; track and update all materials in job holding area; administration of warranty returns.
· Inventory – cyclical inventory counting, maintenance of bins, prices, and inventory lists; computer maintenance of inventory system; coordinate and participate in regular inventory inspection of trucks; track tools and equipment in and out of warehouse.
· Building and Grounds - Keep warehouse secured at all times; maintain warehouse, vehicles and grounds in a neat and orderly condition, launder tarps and runners daily.
· Safety – Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings; conduct regularly scheduled safety inspections (jobsites and equipment at the shop and on trucks); complete all required OSHA and Worker’s Compensation reports; complete all accident reports and follow-ups.
· Fleet Maintenance – Assist the Warehouse Manager managing the company’s vehicle fleet. Wash and maintain vehicles as required.
· Gain education in industry materials and products (learn how used as well as common identification).
· Follows all established safety rules and regulations.
· Perform other duties and tasks as may be assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
· Acts on behalf and assumes responsibilities for warehouse operations during periods of absences of the warehouse manager.
This position requires working indoors and outdoors in various climate conditions ranging from very cold with rain to very hot and humid. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
|Qualifications:||Associates degree in business administration or other related field or equivalent experience required. Experience includes two or more years shipping and receiving experience. Individual must possess skill in verbal and written communication, forward and progressive thinking, and problem analysis and resolution. A working knowledge of plumbing and HVAC operations and be familiar with associated parts. Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, inventory/warehouse management and distribution software. Knowledge of the Serv Man operating system is a plus.|
Individual must speak English well enough to take instructions from Warehouse Manager and to effectively communicate with customers and office on a regular basis as well as read and supplier invoices, technician work orders, and other written instructions. Must be able to take and understand instructions both verbally and/or in writing.
Individual must be able to successfully complete a mathematical aptitude evaluation.
Individual must be capable of applying sound business judgment to all decisions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Individual must have a current valid operator’s license with good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
The individual must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching. Able to handle or feel objects and use tools and equipment and must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, climbing and crawling.
Individual must have command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time.
Individual must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds on occasion.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.